News & Events
Remote Learning (January 4 – 8, 2021)
We hope all is well with you and your family during this holiday season.
Further to Rainbow District School Board’s communication of December 29th, 2020, and as you are aware, the Government of Ontario has implemented a province-wide shutdown to limit the spread of COVID-19. As such, secondary schools will shift to teacher-led remote learning from January 4th to 8th, 2021 for all students.
At this time, please know that all Vikings will continue to use the D2L and/or Google platforms as part of this remote learning pivot. During this current remote learning period:
- students will be following their current timetables each day beginning on Monday, January 4th, 2021;
- bell times (based on Grade 9-10 and Grade 11-12 coded classes) will remain the same;
- the week of January 4th to 8th is a ‘Week 2’ with Period 3 and Period 4 on-week instruction occurring through Google Meets;
- students will be receiving synchronous instruction daily though a Google Meet (with the Google Meet code being provided to students by each of their subject teachers);
- students are expected to be logged-into their Google Meets at the beginning of each period and are expected to remain engaged in their learning for the duration of their lesson;
- each student will be expected to complete/participate in their online learning each day and are expected to complete any and all work that has been, or has previously been assigned;
- staff will continue to provide ongoing assessment of student learning, within each of their courses, based on their curriculum and course content delivery;
- culminating activity preparations, work, and submissions should not be impacted by this remote learning period;
- attendance for classes will be taken each period through a Google Meet Attendance Report;
- our staff will continue to reach out to students who have accessibility issues with respect to technology and internet services on Monday, January 4th, 2021;
- continued instructions will be provided to our Viking students with respect to expectations with the virtual learning environment.
Rainbow District School Board continues to encourage all parents/guardians to visit rainbowschools.ca often, as learning resources are being updated. Therein, Rainbow District School Board also has posted links to information on mental health and COVID-10. As always, the health and safety of students and staff is our first and foremost priority.
As always, thank you for your patience as we continue on this learning journey together.
|Lockerby Composite School Remote Learning Letter (January 4 – 8, 2021)|