News & Events
March 21, 2022
Dear Viking Community:
RE: PROGRESS REPORTS AND PARENT/GUARDIAN-TEACHER INTERVIEWS
As we move into our second month of our second semester, Lockerby Composite School would like to take the time to provide you with information regarding the distribution of subject Progress Reports and Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews.
Please be advised that Progress Reports for all classes will be distributed on Thursday, March 24th, 2022.
Subsequently, all Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews will be occurring virtually on Thursday, March 31st, 2022 from 3:00pm – 6:00pm (through either Google Meets or telephone calls). In order to sign-up for an interview, parents/guardians will be required to visit our school website (lockerby.rainbowschools.ca) and click on the sign-up link in our banner as well as in our ‘Frequent Links’ section. The sign-up link will be available from March 24th – 28th, 2022. When visiting our website to sign-up for an interview, parents/guardians will be asked to follow these steps:
- Have the names of your student’s teachers ready;
- Use the tabs at the top of the sign-up page to locate each teacher that you wish to meet and click on the appropriate teacher tab;
- Within each teacher tab, you will be asked to select an available time (if there aren’t any times that work for you, or if you require a lengthier discussion, parents/guardians are asked to please contact their student’s teacher to setup an alternate meeting). Having said that, please note that interviews will not be 10 minutes in length (as indicated in each tab), as teachers will need a few minutes to prepare/contact their next appointment;
- Parents/guardians will then be asked to supply both an email address and a telephone number, as the interviews themselves will be conducted either by (1) a Google Meet (a follow-up email will be sent with the Google Meet code); (2) a telephone call (a follow-up email may or may not be sent); or (3) an email exchange;
- Ultimately, the information that is provided during this sign-up process will be used by teachers to connect with parents/guardians during the assigned time (eg. emails for Google Meets and email exchanges; phone numbers for calls);
- To accommodate as many parents as possible, we have created 10-minute time slots and we are asking that both parties stick to the times allotted as much as possible. Again, please note that interviews will not be 10 minutes in length (as indicated in each tab), as teachers will need a few minutes to prepare/contact their next appointment.
As always, thank you for your ongoing support, and we look forward to connecting with you.